Tuesday, February 14, 2006

San Jose has a few things to learn about large conferences

Aloha everyone from San Jose! The RSA Conference is off to a good start. I did a short presentation for Microsoft last night and then spent the rest of the evening talking to exhibitors. I learned about a couple of new products (including a Notes to Exchange migration tool that I need RIGHT NOW!)

This morning was a bit of a bummer. Absolutely no parking within a 1/2 mile of the convention center. Even the expensive spaces in the convention center building were full. I missed the first session I wanted to attend because I spent an hour looking for parking. So, I missed the Cryptographers Panel that includes Whidfield Diffie and Martin Hellman (aka Diffie Hellman. :-( Plus, I did want the opportunity to see Bill Gates and Scott McNealy on the same stage at the Keynote Address! So, now I'm savoring my $3.00 bottle of Diet Coke and using the wireless area to catch up on e-mail (and rant). I don't think the San Jose Convention Center is really prepared to host a conference of this size.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home