Thursday, March 30, 2006

ADC-Global-Names and connecting to a NEW Active Directory

Greetings from California! I'm working on an Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration. One of the sites had an Active Directory Connector installed and replicating data to a different Active Directory at one time. I knew this, but kinda spaced on it the first time I set up an Active Directory Connector Connection Agreement for that site. The mailboxes were not matching up with their correct user accounts in Active Directory.

I went in to Exchange 5.5 Administrator in raw mode (admin.exe /r) and found the ADC-Global-Names attributes were still populated from when an ADC had been used to replicate data to a different Active Directory. Ooopppss...

I had to clear this attribute for all user accounts in the AD. Knowledge Base article 319474 "How to Remove the ADC Global Names Attribute from Exchange 5.5 Server Recipients" has a good procedure for how to do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home