Sunday, August 13, 2006

I'm in the Microsoft Security Newsletter

I was just reading the August 2006 Microsoft Security Newsletter and did a double-take. "Hey! Why is my picture in here!" Anyway, I'm MVP of the Month. Hee hee... It includes a link to a short article I wrote on a study I helped do for an organization that was overwhelmed with spam and was evaluating solutions. This is also a promo for a free eBook that I wrote for Realtimepublishers.com and Microsoft called The Tips and Tricks Guide to Secure Messaging.

This was at the bottom of the newsletter. Finally! Just about 8 years later than it should have been!
Digital Signatures Help Make Microsoft Security Newsletters More Secure
To help increase your security, Microsoft will soon begin digitally signing all of its security newsletters with the Internet standard, Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME). This means that if you use Microsoft Outlook, or another full-featured e-mail program, you have an added assurance that the e-mail newsletter came from Microsoft and has not been tampered with. However, many Web-based e-mail programs and some other e-mail programs do not support digital signing with S/MIME. To learn more, please see how digital signatures help make Microsoft security newsletters more secure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home