Thursday, November 12, 2009

Using a specific domain controller with the Exchange Management Shell

Someone asked me today if it was possible to configure the Exchange 2007 Management Shell to use a specific domain controller rather than just picking the closest one. I have been unable to find a way to get all cmdlets within the PowerShell to use a specific domain controller, but most of the EMS cmdlets do support the -DomainController option. So, update a mailbox's display name and use a specific domain controller, you could use a command like this:

Set-Mailbox -DisplayName "Jim McBee" -DomainController hnldc01.somorita.local

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I attended 2 or your sessions last week and thought they were great! Thanks for sharing the risk assessment information. I made notes of most of the things you covered to check in my environment. It was also good to hear that we were doing some things right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home