Friday, June 18, 2010

I had an annoying problem today while working with a fresh installation of Exchange Server 2010.  Everything installed beautifully.  But, when I went to open the Exchange Management Shell or the Exchange Management Console, I got this error:

VERBOSE: Connecting to hnlex05.somorita.local

[hnlex05.somorita.local] Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : Access is denied. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
+ CategoryInfo : OpenError: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [], PSRemotingTransportException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PSSessionOpenFailed
 
After a more troubleshooting than I'm willing to admit, I found that the time on the Exchange server was wrong.  The moral of the story?  Don't forget the basics!